Monday, September 21, 2020

America Runs Virtual 5K SWAG Breakdown

I received entry into the America Runs Virtual 5K as a part of being a BibRave Pro. Check out BibRave.com to read and write race reviews. 

On September 3rd, I ran the America Runs Virtual 5K. (You can read all about it here if you haven't yet: https://runnerdgirl.blogspot.com/2020/09/my-post-surgery-comeback-5k-america.html) The race dates were between July 27th and September 30th, and usually, when it comes to Virtual Races, I usually wait a bit closer to the end so I do not have to wait for the SWAG after I have already run (instant gratification, yo) but since I was specifically celebrating a milestone (12 weeks post surgery) I had a short wait to receive my goodies. 

Well, this weekend, everything came, and all I can say was it was worth the wait. Check out these awesome goodies! 

*Note, I shot an amazing video where I opened my package and showed off each piece, but of course, with my luck there was no audio on the video. So, since I am not sure how well you all are at reading lips, I decided to break down the goodies with images instead. 

Here is what I got:

Personalized Bib. It's a small thing, but thought it was really nice to have a Bib with my name on it and a specific number instead of a generic bib like many Virtual races do. Seemed more special.  


Super soft gender-specific shirt. Seriously, I wish you could feel this shirt. It is fitted and really nice. Not your run of the mill basic cotton-race tee.


Distressed Trucker Hat. Who doesn't love a cute hat? Especially this time of year when I am transitioning from visor to hats when running. 


Stainless Steel Insulated Water Bottle. I've had this for 3 days and I have used it all 3 days now. I love it! I am a sucker for a good water bottle. I especially love the tight seal in that I can throw it in my gym bag and not worry about any leakage since my gym in BYOB now (water fountains off limits). 


Product Samples. So one thing I miss with Virtual Races vs Live Races is the fun of going to the Expo and trying out sponsor samples. So it was awesome to get this Sacred CBD lotion and GU Stroopwafel. (Full disclosure, I have already consumed my Stroopwafel. In my defense it was Coconut).


And of course, the main event. THE BLING! The medal is simply beautiful. Solid, colorful and has a custom 2020 finisher ribbon. 

And an added extra fun thing you can log into your registration account and log your time to download a custom finisher's certificate. And while this was literally my SLOOOOOOWEST recorded 5K, I am proud of this race accomplishment and what it symbolized in terms of my recovery. 



Want to earn your own amazing SWAG? You you have until the end of September to do register. Register here - https://americaruns.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment