Monday, November 9, 2020

Running with the Caped Crusader

 I received entry into the DC Batman Virtual Run as a part of being a BibRave Pro. Check out BibRave.com to read and write race reviews. 

So 2020 is still doing it's thing so you know what that means, Virtual Races are still the primary type of races being offered. That's ok, this girl loves her a good virtual race! I've done several now (you can read about them all over this blog), covering the gambit of the my Top 5 Benefits of Racing Virtually - which you can check out here: https://runnerdgirl.blogspot.com/2019/03/the-benefits-of-racing-virtually.html 

Now this next Virtual race I have coming up, this one I wanted to do purely for reason #2 - Earn Fun Bling. Seriously, you cannot get much cooler than Caped Crusader, and that is who this race is all about, Batman.




Just check out some of this awesomeness!

     🦇 Stylish Fitted
           Quarter Zip 


     🦇 Finisher’s Medal


     🦇 Tech Running Hat 


     🦇 Personalized Bib




Races have until December 1st to register and run their race, which is only a few weeks away, so don't delay if you want to join in. SWAG mails quickly, in fact, I have already received mine all waiting for me to run my 10K (there is also a 5K option). Since I am still making some slow, but steady progress from my knee surgery, I am waiting until the last minute to run my race, hoping to put in the fastest time possible. I was hoping to be able to break an hour, but that is looking a bit like a bridge too far yet, but I will certainly push my hardest. 

To register, visit: https://dcbatmanrun.com/virtual/. The shirts are long sleeve tech and are gender specific cut (you can choose which shirt option no matter the gender you register). There are also some fun add ons, a stainless steel water bottle or Batman neck gaiter, that you can purchase.

And lastly, a portion of each race registration will go to support St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital. 


No comments:

Post a Comment