Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Never Say Never (Sort Of)

Disclaimer: I am participating in the Charlotte Marathon as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review, find, and write race reviews!

So guess who is running another Marathon... sort of.

Put down the phone, Mom! I'm not running a Marathon really, or at least not on my own. I will be a part of a Relay team running the Charlotte Marathon on November 16th.



I've been wanting to run the Charlotte Marathon (well, maybe not the Marathon, but definitely one of the races that weekend) for several years now and it has somehow never quite worked out. So when I found out that the race weekend would be one that I didn't have plans for already, I was so excited. But which race to do? I have a major goal race, Rock n Roll Savannah, two weeks earlier so I didn't think I would be up for another Half Marathon so quickly, but I felt like I could do more than a 5K. Enter the perfect solution, the Relay!


With the Relay, you and a team of 4 others cover the Marathon distance together, each running approximately 5 miles (1 leg is a bit shorter, another a bit longer). It is all the fun of a Marathon with none of the pain! And you get to experience it with 4 of your running buddies! What's not to love?

Sound like fun to you? Join us! You can register your own Charlotte Marathon Relay Team here: https://runcharlotte.com/ and even save $25 off your team registration with discount code: BIBRAVERELAY. Don't have a team to run with, but still want to experince the awesomeness of the Charlotte Marathon race weekend? Sign up for the 5K and save $5 off your registration with discount code: BIBRAVE5K

But don't wait too long to register, prices increase November 8th. Hope to see you there! Let me know if I will in the comments below.

2 comments:

  1. The relay looks like it will be so much fun! Looking forward to meeting you that weekend - I'm running the half!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be awesome! Kim will be there too. Maybe we can hit up brunch after. There's some good spots near the race finish.

      Delete