Thursday, September 1, 2022

Oops I Did It Again... (And Will Again)

I received team entry to the GAP Relay as a part of being a BibRave Pro. Check out BibRave.com to read and write race reviews.


First off, HAPPY SEPTEMBER! While not Fall yet (heck it is above 90 degrees here in SC today) it is the start of Fall Racing Season. And I've managed to do it again. Every single flippin' year I some how manage to completely overschedule my race calendar for a month (or more) and just pretty much DREAD what I have in store for myself. You'd think I don't own a calendar. You'd think I don't plan ahead. I am actually practically the QUEEN over overplanning ahead, but yeah, this year I legit was caught off guard by my race schedule. 

See I kinda forgot about the dates of a couple of races that I agreed to run and registered for WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY back in January. No idea how I forgot, I run these particular races every single year. The actual dates just kind of somehow got lost in the shuffle. I didn't actually realize just how over booked I was until my Sports Chiropractor asked me about my upcoming races and well, I started naming them and next thing I knew, I had named like 7 dates... in a row. 

Race 1 of 7

Here's what I've got:
  • August 27th - Yiasou Greek Festival 5K (this was last week)
  • Sept 4th - Around the Crown 5K
  • Sept 10th - SouthEnd Shuffle
  • Sept 17th - Fit to Fly 5K
  • Sept 25th - Novant 15K
  • Oct 8th - Boulder Dash 5 Miler
  • Oct 14-15 - GAP Relay (150 mile relay with a team of 5)
Luckily, the majority of these races are shorter distances. There is also a 5K option for the Boulder Dash and I just may bump down to that (or skip it altogether) to get a bit of a break right before the main event. Yup, that last distance is 150 miles!! 

On October 14th - 15th, I, along with a few other awesome runners on #TeamBibRave will conquer the GAP Relay in an event that runs from Cumberland, MD to downtown Pittsburgh, PA. We will start Friday afternoon and run through the night into the next morning, taking turns for 24 legs, until we finish. It is going to be pretty epic. I'll be writing about this much more, but by far, this is one of the biggest challenges I have ever embarked on. I will be running 5 legs of this run for approximately 30ish miles (the leg schedule hasn't been set yet) but it is going to be hard and amazing at the same time and I cannot wait.

Just gotta get through the little races before hand all while trying to keep injury free, healthy and most importantly HAVE FUN. I plan to not race them all as hard as I can, but you know how it is... they say "START" and the running just kind of takes over. But yeah, gotta focus on that main goal - GAP!

For more information about the GAP Relay, check out the P3R website here: https://p3r.org/races/gap-relay 

Are you crazy, err I mean interested in running it too? Register here: https://raceroster.com/events/2022/58381/2022-great-allegheny-passage-gap-trail-relay and use special discount code: BIBRAVEGAP to save $50 off of a team registration. You get a heck of an awesome goodie bag and team captains get a pair of Brooks! I also heard a rumor that there were perogies at the finish line, so there's that... 

I will be posting more about the GAP Relay as it gets closer including information on the race, how I am training and other cool information about the Greater Allegheny Passage trail. and about our team. So stay tuned. And let me know in the comments if you have any crazy things coming up for the Fall!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment