Monday, September 19, 2022

How About 40 Wild Miles Instead? - GAP Relay 40 Mile Relay

I received team entry to the GAP Relay as a part of being a BibRave Pro. Check out BibRave.com to read and write race reviews.



Look, I get it. Running 150 miles, even in a team is pretty daunting. Like I am the queen of taking on crazy challenges, but even I am a little like, this is a lot. Well fear not, there is another option for taking on the GAP Relay in a less (slightly) crazy way! In addition to the 150 mile distance, there is a 40 mile relay option as well.

The 40 Mile Relay works in the same way as the 150 Mile Relay, just shorter. And instead of starting on October 14th in Cumberland, MD and running through the night, you start on October 15th at 7 am from Whitsett, PA and run only daytime miles. From there, you follow the same legs as the 150 Miler and finish in downtown Pittsburgh and enjoy the same amazing finish line party (and you are not going to want to miss the pierogi bar from what I've heard!) For more details on just how the relay works, check out my previous blog post here:


For the 40 Mile Relay, you can form your team from 2-8 members, where you team will cover 9 legs. The 40 Mile Legs are as follows:


This option is perfect for runners that are new to running but ready to take on a crazy fun challenge. A team of 5 runners would be running single digits. Or if you are training for a late Fall or early Winter Marathon, why not partner up with a friend or 2 and get your long run in on a fully supported course with an amazing swag bag and finisher party. I know when I ran my 20 miler during my last Marathon training I would have LOVED to have a huge crowd to cheer me on when I finished!

And best of all, our Team BibRave discount code works for the 40 Mile Relay as well! If so, you can register here: https://raceroster.com/events/2022/58381/2022-great-allegheny-passage-gap-trail-relay and use special discount code: BIBRAVEGAP to save $50 off of a team registration.


For more information about the GAP Relay and how it works, check out the P3R website here: https://p3r.org/races/gap-relay 

No comments:

Post a Comment