Thursday, February 18, 2021

Planning the Hot Chocolate 15K/5K Group Virtual

  received entry into the AllState Hot Chocolate Charlotte15K as a part of being a BibRave Pro. Check out BibRave.com to read and write race reviews. 


So, last month I wrote here about how I had an idea about hosting a in-person race for my local friends who wanted to run the Hot Chocolate 15K Charlotte. This came from me wanting to arrange something nice and fun because we were all a little bummed that the race went Virtual. Well... much like most of my Virtual Epic Race Day Events, things have escalated.

I HAVE ABOUT 45 RUNNERS COMING ON SATURDAY! That's nuts!
Heck, I've even got 2 runners that will be doing their miles and checking in via video chat that are ON ANOTHER CONTINENT! 

So here is a little bit of what is going to happen on Saturday:

  • I've got two courses routed. One for 15K runners and the other for 5K. The last 5K of the route will be the same so the 15K runners will start at 7:30 and the 5K will join at 9. I am pre-marking the course and providing written routes I also ran the course before my surgery to make sure that everything was safe and a good route. See my post here about my run: https://runnerdgirl.blogspot.com/2021/01/a-bit-early-but-still-hot-chocolaty-fun.html

  • We are staging our race to start and finish at a local coffee shop so we can get hot beverages like Hot Chocolate and Coffee

  • The awesome folks at RAM Racing have donated a bunch of chocolate and some magnets for the races as a bit of an extra perk

  • I will have water, Nuun and treats at the finish. My awesome fellow BibRave Pro and running bestie, Kim (aka Barkingmadrun) has secured a bunch of Nuun tubes to give out.

  • Placement medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd, Male and Female, for each distance

  • We are collecting donations for the Rock Hill Community Pantry and Fridge which is located right where we are starting/finishing our race

  • I am bringing a camera to take tons of finish line photos and celebratory photos with their awesome SWAG.

Sounds like a party right? It is all going down this Saturday morning. You can check out my Twitter and/or Insta on Saturday morning to follow along with the fun. I will also be posting a recap on this blog early next week. 

You can organize your own virtual event if interested. I am happy to share any advice, just ask in the comments below. You and your crew can register for the Hot Chocolate 15K/5K Charlotte here: https://www.hotchocolate15k.com/charlotte/ Register with code BRHC20 and receive a free Hot Chocolate Tech Hat. 


No comments:

Post a Comment