Sunday, November 29, 2020

A Bat-tastic Virtual, Dynamic Duo Style

 I received entry into the DC Batman Virtual Run as a part of being a BibRave Pro. Check out BibRave.com to read and write race reviews. 

When I first heard about the DC Batman Virtual Race, I wanted in cause who doesn't love Batman?! Especially when I knew the race was put on by RAM Racing, their SWAG is always top notch and this race was no exception. The 3/4 Zip is cool and comfy and the tech hat is awesome. Love the medal and we even received a GU Waffle (which, full disclosure, I ate before I technically earned it for my race). 

You were able to chose from 2 different distances, 5K or 10K, so the race is good for those of any level. And the beauty of a Virtual race is you can kind of create your own experience. Want to run it alone, do that. Want to race with friends, get them involved. You had a generous time frame to complete the race (between Sept 1 and Dec 1) and I typically run Virtuals near the end to maximize my training so I decided to run my race on Nov 28.


My original plan was to  race it alone for speed (see here: https://runnerdgirl.blogspot.com/2020/11/running-with-caped-crusader.html), but a friend asked to join me and lone crusader race became a dynamic duo and I enjoyed it so much more.  We met at the Winthrop Coliseum at 6:30 am which was just a bit before the sun came up (stupid shorter daylight hours) to set off. The weather had been a bit spotty with rain threatening, but I decided to risk it and not run in a rain jacket and luckily my gamble paid off. There was a bit of drizzle off and on, but to be honest we didn't get much wetter than just normal sweating. 

We did run/walk intervals at first by feel, but settled into running for .9 mile and walking .1 over the 6.2 miles. It was really enjoyable to run with a friend without any real pressure in the early morning hours, so I was super glad she decided to join me. Our only real stop was a quick picture break at the halfway point, because the Fountain Park in Downtown Rock Hill is just too pretty, especially all lit up right before sunrise, that we just had to. 

We looped back to the Coliseum for triumphant "finish line" pics and I had finally earned my epic gear.

We even synced it up to run at the same time as 2 friends that live outside the area. We texted "Go" at the start and then video chatted after, showing off our medals and swag. 

 



Seriously this stuff is NICE! The 3/4 zip is super soft and a bit lined so it will be a perfect layer for winter runs. The tech hat is really comfy as well. And the medal is super cool! I mean, it is Batman, how could it not be. I love how the ribbon is double sided with the cool Batman log

Overall, it was a great event. I highly recommend any of the DC race series events.

So here's my question for you, so far, there have been  Wonder Woman and Batman Virtual, which is the next superhero you'd love to see a run feature? Let me know in the comments below! 


No comments:

Post a Comment