Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Shady Rays for Sunny Days

“Disclaimer: I received Shady Rays X Series Sunglasses as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!”


Over the past year or so, I've been trying much harder to improving my health and running in small ways. One of these ways is to make sure that I am wearing sunglasses while running during the day, which frankly, most of my runs are. UV rays can cause just as much, if not more damage to your eyes as it does to your skin. And while it is not as evident as say a sunburn, you are more likely to develop cataracts and blurred vision later in life due to high levels of UV exposure. This is even more so in people with light colored eyes like I have. 

Enter the amazing opportunity to try out via BibRave Shady Rays X Series. Shady Rays are polarized, offer 100% UV protection are shatter-resistant and salt water proof plus come in a handy micofiber cleaning pouch. The X Series has a wrap around frame style and grips to keep the frames from slipping. They are made especially for running, hiking and climbing, water-sports, and other high impact activities.

So how do they perform? Well, personally, I love them. I have accumulated several pairs of what I would consider higher end sport sunglasses over the years and my Shady Rays are the pair that I keep going back to time and time again (seriously, if you follow me on Strava, every single picture I post practically has me in my Shady Rays). My biggest reason is I have a bit of a smaller head and nothing is more frustrating to me than to have to be constantly pushing up your glasses, especially while running. Even when completely covered in sweat from a hot, humid 90 degree SC afternoon run, THEY DON'T BUDGE! (Click here for the demo). 

They are seriously awesome and look and feel great to wear. Let's put it this way, after testing them, my husband made me get him a pair as well. 


A few fun facts about Shady Rays: 
  • You can also have custom Rx glasses made
  • They offer a Lifetime Craftsmanship Warranty and Free Replacements if they are lost or broken.
  • They provide 10 meals to fight hunger through the Feeding America organization with each order placed.
  • The have a VIP program where you can earn points for rewards like gift cards.

And... if all this sounds awesome to you, I have a great deal to share with you. When you place an order on the Shady Rays Shade Shop, checkout using code "RAVE" and you will receive 50% off orders of 2 or more pairs! 

So give Shady Rays a look for yourself. You can follow them on their socials here:
Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment