Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Ending the Year Low, But I'm Gonna Start the Next High

So it is again that time of year, the end of the year to be specific, where I look back on how the year went and wow, was this one not fantastic. I mean, that is a bit harsh, I do have a lot to be thankful for, I have a home, food to eat, friends and family and all that jazz, I accomplished some things and have some really great memories here and there, but if I am being truly honest, I just was not into 2023 mentally. 

Yes, it is so cliche to start a NEW YEAR, NEW ME kind of mentality, but for me, I need this. My self esteem has been rock bottom. My fitness is lower than it has been in years. My motivation has been non-existent. I've barely done any blogging this year because I just haven't been compelled to talk much about the life I've been living these days. In fact I feel like that I have not been really living this year, just kind of going through the motions and waiting for the next thing to happen. 

But you know what, it's not going to just happen. Not unless I make it. So this month, I've been planning. I've come up with what I think is a good, solid list of goals for 2024 to start digging my way out of this hole that I've gotten myself into. I really really need this to work for me, so I am trying to do this the right way, to not overwhelm myself and do too much at once thus ensuring that I fail at one thing and just give up. So I am breaking down the year into areas of focus, a different one for each month, along with an Affirmation, a kind of Mantra to guide that month. I will be posting some blog posts this month with some more concrete details on what some of my 2024 goals and focus area will be, but for now, I just needed to put out there into the universe that I NEED TO CHANGE. I am not happy and I need to take charge of well being, both physical and emotional in order to do better, feel better. I don't like me right now. I used to. And I want to again. 


And Yet Here We Are...



No comments:

Post a Comment