Monday, August 1, 2022

Running Happy with Brooks Ghosts 14s - Shoe Review

I received a pair of Brooks Ghost 14s as a part of being a BibRave Pro. Check out BibRave.com to read and write race reviews.

So it has kind of been forever and a day since I have written a blog post. Yeah, 2022 has been a lot, but I am excited to get back into blogging more and catching y'all up on everything... but first, lemme tell you about my shoes. 

Hi, my name is Lissa and I am a runner. I talk about shoes A LOT. I look at shoes A LOT. Shoes are very important to me. And I have tried most of them, but for some reason one brand has alluded me over the year, Brooks. Like I know Brooks (they are one of THE most popular running shoe brands hands down) and I would say about 50% of my running clothes are Brooks (I have every holiday shirt since 2016 even) and I swear by their Short Tights. But for some reason I have never found the right Brooks shoe for me... until now!

I was excited to have the opportunity to try out a pair of Brooks Ghost 14s. I've had my eye on these shoes for a long time, and I'll be honest, it's mainly because Ghosts come in some of the absolute cutest colors and designs. I have a friend that has a pair of the Tie-Dye Rock n Roll version. Another with Run Hoppy design (so awesome)! So yeah, I'll admit that I wanted Ghosts to work for me so I could have cute shoes in my future!

Well I am happy to report, they are more than just cute, they are comfortable, functional, and even more bonus, Carbon Neutral! 

These are a solid road running shoe that are light, responsive and most of all, comfortable. It was easy to see on my first run with them why they are Brooks most popular shoe. The DNA Loft cushioning they use makes for smooth landings without being too bouncy. 


One of my biggest concerns with Brooks shoes was the fit. I have a quite narrow foot and older models I have tried on before seemed to wide for me, which is what kept me from wearing them in the past. But they now use a 3D Fit Print technology on the upper which stretches to fit your foot, holding my foot much snugger than in the past. They are still a bit wider in the toe box than I am used to, but I sized down a half a size and found that worked well for my fit. 

So yeah, they are cute, comfortable and fit well, but beyond that, these Ghost 14s are also Brooks first Carbon Neutral Shoe. They are made of recycled materials, manufactured in a way that reduced carbon emissions through reduction of waste and the purchase of carbon offsets to make sure the scales of total carbon emissions. You can read more about how they made the Ghost 14s Carbon Neutral on their website here: 

TLDR: I'm excited to be a Brooks shoe wearer now! And I am not the only new Brooks user. On my weekly Bagel Day Wednesday Run/Walk with my girl squad, I was going on about them and one of my friends that coincidentally had the same shoe size as me asked to try mine while waiting for our Bagel Sandwiches. Well, she must have liked them because I saw her again on Saturday and she told me she had ordered a pair! I wonder if hers will be cuter than mine... 
Trish took my shoes right off my feet to try on! 




1 comment: