Thursday, June 10, 2021

Chasing the Sun: The 206 Minute Movement Challenge

I am promoting the Chase the Sun Buff Challenge as a part of being a BibRave Pro. Check out BibRave.com to read and write race reviews.


By now I think that y'all know me a bit from this blog. And one thing is for sure about me I love a good challenge. It is one of the things I love about using the Strava app, there are all kinds of cool challenges both regular monthly ones featuring distances and climb and the frequent sponsored challenges that can be anything from distances, frequency or time based. One such that is going on right now that I'm signed up for is the Chase the Sun Buff Challenge. Log 206 of running/walking activity on Strava and you’ll revive 30% off Buff products. You can sign up for the challenge through Strava anytime before June 21, but make sure you give yourself enough time to complete it.

This year, the summer solstice is on 20th June so the time challenge is inspired by the date: the 20th day of the 6th month, so complete 206 minutes between 1st and 21st of June to celebrate the official start of summer.

This was after last week's 10 miles.
This week, we're going for 12!
And y’all know me, cause I’m a special kind of crazy, I’ve decided to try and Chase the Sun all in 1 day. I’ll be putting in my 206 minutes all on June 12th! I am currently training for a Half Marathon on June 27th (Charlotte Racefest Half Marathon) and this coming Saturday will be my 12 mile training run, so I figured it would be the perfect day. The plan is to do a 1 mile warm up walk before, then run 12 miles with a friend also training for the same race (his first half marathon), and then cool down and walk whatever time is left to come to the goal 206 minutes. 

It's going to be a long day on my legs, but totally doable. 

And, I have already picked out how I am going to use my 30% off prize. See, your girl here loves a visor. I sweat, like a lot. I wear a visor for pretty much every run (except the couple months where warmer headgear is required). Visors keep my face shaded and keep sweat from dripping down into my eyes. Love them. But I have a few visor issues, mainly the elastic eventually stretches on me or, I'm always worried they will lose their shape/structure in the wash (cause again, they get nasty on me). I have neither of these issues with my new BUFF® Pack Run Visor. I've only used this new item for 1 run now and I am 100% sold.  

And it's a custom BibRave one too! Love it!! 

Seriously, I love this thing already. It super soft and can be folded (or more likely balled up) in a pack (or crammed into a car cupholder if you're me). Basically it is like a headband with a soft visor brim. It's perfect, and I will totally be getting another. Maybe 2, one to keep in my car and another for my gym bag since they are so packable. 

So be sure to swing by my socials (Insta and Twitter) to see how I do on Saturday. 

And if you haven't signed up for the Chase the Sun Buff Challenge, head on over to Strava and do that now! So many of my friends have already done so and it's been fun seeing their completion badges to pop up on their Strava activities! Here's the link to join in: https://www.strava.com/challenges/chase-the-sun-buff-challenge And once you register, you can invite your friends to join in too right on the app! When you're done you'll get a code for 30% off any order on the Buff website. So you can order your own packable visor, or anything else!


You know you want to earn this message and rock this badge on your Strava!

No comments:

Post a Comment