Monday, July 27, 2020

Hydrating on the Go with SiS

Disclaimer: I received a Science in Sport GO Hydro Tablets sample pack to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
Summer in SC is seriously hot and sweaty!

For runners, or any athletes for that matter, making sure that you are properly hydrated is one of the cardinal rules of proper performance. The harder you work, the more you sweat. The more you sweat, the more water and electrolytes you lose, particularly sodium. Losing too much and it can lead to dehydration which can cause all kinds of bad things to happen internally - reduced performance, increase in body temp, higher heart rate, dizziness, and so on. Dehydration can happen anytime of the year, but it typically is an even greater concern in the summer months with higher temperatures and humidity make us even sweatier. So as you can see, it is super important to stay hydrated and replenish  electrolytes. 

So yeah, I know all this. And as someone who lives in SC, or approximately 10 feet from the Sun in the summer, I know I should be using some kind of electrolyte supplement before, during and/or after outdoor activity. But just cause we know something is good for us, doesn't mean we want to do it, otherwise I'd eat spinach for every meal. See I've never been able to find a supplement that I really liked and therefore didn't have to force myself to take.

Ever the optimist, when I was given the opportunity to try Sport in Science Go Hydro tablets, I thought, maybe this will be the one that will get me excited about hydrating on the regular. I had used SiS gels in the past and been extremely pleased with their performance and taste, so I was hopeful. 

I received 4 tubes of 3 different SiS Go Hydro tabs, 2 Pineapple and Mango, 1 Lemon, and 1 Cola. I gotta admit, when I first saw the tube of Cola, I thought to myself, meh, I probably won't like this. But as a girl who never said no to caffeine, I'm willing to try anything once. (Full disclosure - I drink black coffee simply for the caffeine, caffeine is life). But you know what, Cola was amazing. It tastes just like those gummy cola candies from Haribo. The other two flavors I received are pretty great too. The Lemon is light and refreshing and the Pineapple and Mango is yummy and sweet. I like that one particular after evening exercise as it is kind of like a dessert treat. 

As for the performance, I have no complaints. I am currently unable to run due to my knee surgery but I have been going on more and more walks, many of which in the hottest part of the day and have been quite thankful to refuel lost electrolytes post-walk. I definitely feel perked up a bit after drinking it. Long story short I definitely recommend SiS Go Hydro tabs. They are great for hydrating before, during and after any strenuous activity and they taste really great. 

They are affordable too, just $11 per pack of 20 tablets. And for a limited time, you can try them with the BibRave discount code: BIBRAVE 20 for 20% off your Go Hydro Tablet order on SiS website here: https://www.scienceinsport.com/us/shop-sis/go-range/go-hydro-tablets. There are several other flavors other than the 3 I received as well including Pink Grapefruit and Berry. 
Mmmmm... Cola



No comments:

Post a Comment