Friday, April 17, 2020

Comfort Meet Style: Nabee Compression Sock Review

Disclaimer: I received a pair of Nabee Socks to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews! 

There's a question that I see a lot online - Should I run with Compression Socks? It's a question that can spark lots of debate with runners. Scientific studies have shown to be inconclusive, but in general, purely on anecdotal evidence, many runners believe that compression during a run helps them with muscle fatigue and for recovering much more quickly. Most agree that post-run, they are for sure super effective.

For me personally, I primarily wear compression socks for main 3 reasons: 

First, and probably foremost, I use compression socks for long runs (those over 10 miles). I suffered from reoccurring shin splints when I first started running and compression seemed to really help me. For the past several years now, I have worn compression socks for pretty much all of my longer races, Half Marathons (and my single Marathon) and occasionally for shorter distances too. Maybe it is just the mental aspect of them, feeling the snug comfort brings a bit more confidence more so than actual science based reason, but for whatever reason, they do well for me in preventing muscle fatigue. 


Second, I use them for recovery. When I have had rough run or race, nothing feels as good as wrapping my sore legs in an nice warm hug of compression socks. They work to increase blood circulation in your legs helping to aid in quicker recovery. The times I remember to slip on a pair of compression socks after a particularly long or rough run, I have always felt better faster than the times that I haven't. They are awesome.

Third, I wear compression socks when I go trail running, especially when wearing shorts. This is for two reasons 1) for the same reason as mentioned above in my first point, my trail runs tend to be longer and they help with muscle fatigue and 2) to help keep bugs, thorns, sticks, and poison ivy away from my legs. I cannot tell you how many times I have avoided scrapes, bites or plant irritations thanks to tall compression socks. 

I've tried several brands of compression socks, so I was very interested when given the opportunity to try out Nabee Socks recently. So what did I think? I can honestly say that Nabee are the most comfortable compression socks that I have ever worn. Seriously, they are super soft and feel amazing on.

One of the reasons that Nabee Socks are so comfortable is that the company founder of was a nurse and originally created this product for nurses who would wear them for super long shifts. Nabee uses its own non binding, non slip design to keep the socks from sliding down but also doesn't constrict by loosening the cuff so it doesn't bind. I literally wore these after a crazy rough trail run all the rest of the day (under a pair of PJ pants) and totally forgot I had them on they were so comfy.

Another huge plus for me is that they come in super cute designs. Seriously, it was so hard for me to pick one when placing my order and I finally defaulted to classic black stripes since most of my running shorts are black, but I so plan to order some more of the brighter, more fun colors now that I know how amazing they work for me. Nabee Socks are one of the only FDA-registered, medical-quality, designer compression socks on the market. Fun, fashionable and super effective, what's not to love!

What about you? Do you wear compression socks? 

If you are interested in checking out Nabee Socks for yourself, I can pass you a discount code - BIBRAVE20 for 20% off good for any sock purchase, but it is only good for one use per customer. I am thinking about getting the Louie style for my next purchase. 

And for a limited time, when you buy one pair of Nabee Socks, they will donate two pairs to frontline healthcare workers who are fighting the COVID-19 virus! Help yourself and others at the same time! How awesome is that?



No comments:

Post a Comment