Friday, February 21, 2020

Twas the Night Before the Hot Chocolate 15K

received entry into the AllState Hot Chocolate Charlotte15K as a part of being a BibRave Pro. Check out BibRave.com to read and write race reviews. 


I'll be honest, this morning started off a bit rough. I had a few bad race day dreams overnight. Silly stuff like not being about to find someone to hold my bags and bags of gear I for some reason was carrying around with me at the race, not being able to find the start line and realizing that I had forgotten my Bib. Crazy stuff like that, but it all seemed super vivid. I guess I was more nervous about my race than I realized.

So how do you combat this and have a refreshing night sleep before race day? Prepare, prepare, PREPARE!! 

After having an awesome day at the Hot Chocolate 15K Charlotte Expo (I'll be posting about it as a part of my Race Recap, but my girl Barking Mad About Running, who I spent the day with, wrote a post about it here: http://barkingmadaboutrunning.blogspot.com/2020/02/expo-day-at-hot-chocolate-15k.html, I set out all of my gear in a Flat Me. 



Doing this gives a great opportunity to make sure that you have absolutely everything that you need for race day. I even will lay out my water bottle and gels to make double sure that I have EVERYTHING! Maybe tonight I won't suffer from bad pre-race panic dreams. Speaking of which... I should probably hit the bed. After all, tomorrow is race day!!

What about you, how do you avoid last minute race stress? Got any tips, tricks to share with me? Drop them in the comments below. 


No comments:

Post a Comment