Monday, July 2, 2018

Sunglasses Review: Keeping it Shady

“Disclaimer: I received Shady Rays Signature Series Sunglasses as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!”
Me, squinting while running, as usual... 

Traditionally, I have not been a sunglasses wearer when I run. I know I should to protect my eyes, but I typically rely on a hat or a visor rim to do the shading for me, but over the past year or so, I've made it priority to start rocking shades instead as I feel this helps way more to block out harmful UV rays.

Queue the montage of me trying out several different brands, shapes and styles of sunglasses only to be fairly disappointed with the fit. My main issue has been slippage. Running is a fairly bouncy activity. Add to that a sweaty face and that is a recipe for pushing up your sunglasses every few minutes, an activity that drives me completely bonkers! I've had glasses that I took off and pocketed after a half mile due to having to constantly push up. I'd rather squint that constantly adjust and readjust glasses like that.

Enter the amazing opportunity to try out via BibRave a new-to-me-brand, Shady Rays. First off, Shady Rays, according to their website, are polarized, offer 100% UV protection are shatter-resistant and salt water proof. Sound good so far. Plus they come in lots and lots of amazing color combination options - seriously, I had my daughter pick out mine since I just could not decide (she picked Black Emerald Polarized and I must say, they are super cute). Plus they came in a handy micofiber cleaning pouch. But how do they perform in action...

Deciding to either go big or go home, I took them out for an ultimate test. I ran a 5 mile progression run at 5:30 pm when the temperature was 91 degrees and humidity well into 60%. It was an absolute scorcher. Sweat was POURING off me after. But did my Shady Rays slip? NOPE! I even attempted the unthinkable with other glasses I'd tried... I tried shaking them off, still covered and sweat and THEY DIDN'T BUDGE! (Click here for the demo). 

So yay! The ultimate search for the ultimate sunglasses has come to an end finally. I've worn them for more than a dozen runs now and am as happy with them as I was the first. I've also worn them to the beach, the pool and the water park and they are just awesome. The only problem that I have had with my Shady Rays is that my husband has decided that he like them too and frequently steals them from me! On our beach vacation last weekend, he wore them as often, if not more, than I did! 


A few fun facts about Shady Rays: 
  • You can also have custom Rx glasses made
  • They offer a Lifetime Craftsmanship Warranty and Free Replacements if they are lost or broken.
  • They provide 11 meals to fight hunger through the Feeding America organization with each order placed.
  • The have a VIP program where you can earn points for rewards like gift cards.


And... if all this sounds awesome to you, I have a great deal to share with you. When you place an order on the Shady Rays website, checkout using code "BIBRAVE" and you will receive 50% off orders of 2 or more pairs! 

So give Shady Rays a look for yourself. You can follow them on their socials here:

No comments:

Post a Comment