Wednesday, July 18, 2018

In Between Times

Summer Running = UGH
So I am at that weird part of the year where I just don't have an upcoming race to train for. My next race that I have registered for is Rock N Roll Savannah on November 3rd, which I am super excited for, but until then, nada. I mean there are a few races here an there that I plan on signing up for but have yet to, but they would be all for shorter  distances, the longest of which I am considering is a 15K the last weekend of Sept. 

Since it is a bit too early to officially kick off my training for Rock N Roll Savannah, I'm now in this weird "in-between time" where of course running is going to happen, but with no real tangible goal in mind. Well, at least not a race goal that is. I still have my 1009 miles for the year goal (which I am currently sitting at 605 miles or 60% complete) so that is keeping me moving. As far as runs though, I have just been running whatever I feel like as long as I meet my weekly minimum (19.4 miles). 

With all that said, it's not a terrible thing to no be racing right now. After all it is summer which means it is crazy stupid hot out. And this year, it's been a lot tougher on me because unlike previous years where I did a lot of morning runs in the summer, I've been doing most of my runs at or near the hottest part of the day. Since I joined Burn Boot Camp in November, I pretty much go there in the mornings instead of running and the only other available time to go out is during my daughter's taekwondo classes which are at 4:30 and 5:30 pm. Just think how fast I'll be in the Fall though... 

The good news is I don't have much longer to wait. I officially kick off Rock N Roll Savannah Half Marathon Training the first week of August. But until then, I'll keep plodding along in this nebulous time putting in my miles haphazardly. 

What about you? What's your next race that you are registered for? Want to join me in Savannah? Register here: http://www.runrocknroll.com/savannah/register/ and use code “RNRBRP2018” to save $15 on the Marathon or Half Marathon. 



Or maybe you have a race to suggest for me to sign up for. What are your recommendations for an Aug/Sept/Oct race? 



2 comments:

  1. I don't think I have any races in August yet, my next race, after the Scream, might be October! Marine Corps here I come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking about the 15K at Lake Norman on Sept. 30. Interested? The race I was going to do in Aug. might not be happening, so I'm on the lookout.

      Delete