Friday, June 14, 2019

Join Me for the World Day Refugee 5K

So a few months ago, I posted my love of Virtual racing. Here's a reminder just in case you missed it - https://runnerdgirl.blogspot.com/2019/03/the-benefits-of-racing-virtually.html

So I wanted to take a quick sec to tell you about an upcoming Virtual race that is heavy on reason number 4 of why I love Virtuals - Supporting an Awesome Charity. I am talking about the World Refugee Day 5K.



World Refugee Day is June 20th and Soul Focus is hosting a Virtual race that will raise funds to help make real changes for refugees though donations to the American Refugee Committee. For more information, you can check out their webpage here - https://www.worldrefugeeday5k.com/ 


When you registered to join the World Refugee 5K, you'll receive a custom bib to print, a World Refugee Day Hat and a portion of your registration fee will go to the cause. (Hats will be sent out after June 20th.) Once you receive your bib, you can run your Virtual anytime until June 20th. And make sure you capture and share your run on socials using #WorldRefugeeDay5k #WRD5k and tagging @worldrefugeeday_5k on Instagram.
And of course, you will be joining an awesome community including my fellow BibRave Pros who would be cheering you on all the way. I have already registered and plan to run my miles on June 20th, which should be interesting as I will be in Barcelona, Spain that day. I am really banking on the Anytime, Anywhere aspect of a Virtual Race. 

Join me, won't you? Register here https://raceroster.com/events/2019/23485/world-refugee-day-5k-virtual-run   You can register with discount code BR5 for $5 off you registration.

Let me know in the comments if you plan to join me in supporting this awesome cause! 

5 comments:

  1. I adore virtual races, because I don't need to get up early, fight crowds, or use a porta-potty! Plus, how can you say no to such a good cause?! I can't wait to run virtually with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love virtual races!Especially ones with Boco Gear hats!

    ReplyDelete

  3. rule one protein ultra omega burn Here’s the full shopping list for precisely what to purchase, and check to be sure you have a few pantry staples readily available. Morris recommends beginning on a weekend, so that you can make a huge pot of veggie soup , and present your body an opportunity to adapt before diving right into an active week. Her plan cuts carbs for the first couple of days, before slowly reintroducing whole grains. And if you want to mix it up, there are lots more options for healthy snacks , just make sure to get a serving of fruit or vegetables, along with protein. purefit keto scam
    http://www.cureidea.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this virtual option. I was traveling and would not have been able to make a race in-person. I was able to step outside of my hotel late morning and get the run in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same for me! I did mine in Barcelona, Spain. Where did you race?

      Delete