Monday, October 15, 2018

Sleep On It! A Performance Pillow Review

"Disclaimer: I received a Bedgear Performance Pillow to use and review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!"

So I know a lot about Performance Products, both in my personal and professional lives. Not only am I a runner, I work as the Communications Coordinator for a company that makes equipment specifically for testing Performance Textiles. Seriously, I am up to date on everything Performance. At least I thought so until I heard of Performance Pillows. 



Bedgear offers a wide selection of Performance Bedding options, everything from Pillows, to Mattresses, to sheets and blankets. Their products were developed by a father who's son suffered from allergies and had a hard time sleeping on the hot, stuffy hypoallergenic products that were available on the market. He cut up some performance fabrics to make a pillow for his son and Bedgear was born.

Bedgear's philosophy is that sleep is a personal thing and everything from the temperature to the height of your pillow can greatly affect your sleep, and for that reason, they have several different series of pillows, all with options within each series so you can find your perfect fit. To find your perfect fit, they have a Pillow ID system that asks a series of questions to determine the best pillow for you. It asks questions about your size and sleep preference. I took the quiz and was paired with the Lightening 2.0 in the Storm Series. 



First thing I noticed when I unboxed my new pillow was how heavy it was. Seriously, if I decided to have a pillow fight with this bad boy, I would easily take down any opponent. This wasn't some dainty pillow that would be losing it's shape. Next thing I noticed was that it was really cool to the touch. The exterior fabric was silky and smooth and actually felt a bit chilly. This is due to the Ver-Tex® fabric which draws heat away from the body and stays cool to the touch. The heft comes from being made of several layers, all that offer cooling, ventilation, support and comfort.

I was seriously excited about using my new Bedgear pillow as soon as I received it. I am a notorious light sleeper coupled with a super early wake-up call - 4:30 am most days so I can put in a run or gym workout before having to be at work at 6:30 am. Anything that helped me to get better sleep would be greatly appreciated! 

Did I also mention it's super pretty? Look at that cool pattern!
So how did it work for me? Pretty darn great! The pillow was super comfy, soft, yet firm and amazingly cool. I use a ResMed S+ system to monitor my sleep each night and before getting my Bedgear Performance Pillow, my average sleep score was in the 70s-80s. My first night with my new pillow, I scored a 94! And I've consistently seen more and more 90s since. I feel like I've slept much better and more deeply. I've even slept right through my alarm a few times in the last month, which, while not optimal, was something I've never really done before. 

Can't argue with the numbers

All and all, I am fully convinced by my Bedgear Performance Pillow and highly recommend it for anyone wanting to get the most out of their sleep-time.

Interested in trying it out for yourself? You can order online at www.bedgear.com and use discount code BIBRAVE15 good for 15% off your order, (excluding WOW Deals), valid through 11/30/18, online only.


No comments:

Post a Comment