Monday, January 22, 2018

Athlinks - Something For Every Type of Racer

I'm writing this post as a BibRave Pro. Check out BibRave.com to read and write race reviews!




Before I tell you a bit about Athlinks, the largest database of competitive endurance athletes in the world, and why I love using it, let me give you a little insight into what kind of racer I am. 

I'm All About that Place
  
When I decide that I am going to run a new race, do you know what the first thing I do is (after checking the date and price that is)? I scope out the competition. I go straight for the results page, sort by age groups and try to determine if there is any chance in heck of me placing. See, I am what I would consider a solid mid-pack runner, but sometimes, just sometimes I can pull off a placing depending on the size of the race. In 2017 I managed 4 placings, all 3rd place (one was 3rd Overall Masters, so there's that) but 3rd place is still placing! I also managed several 4th places, which let me tell you is just the freaking worst. I'd rather be ANY other place than 4th. But I digress... 


So what does this have to do with why I adore Athlinks? Well, Athlinks does all the leg work for me when doing race results research. When I sign up for a new race, I can simply log onto Athlinks, pull up that race and bam, prior year results are listed. Plus, you can easily filter the results right there in Athlinks in order to check out your particular age group. So much easier than having to go from race site to race site. It's all here in one place for you! 



Results for the 2017 Tobacco Road Marathon.
Drop down menus let you search specific distances and age groups easily


Not only that, I can follow my friends on Athlinks to keep track of how they are doing comparatively as well. For example, I have a friend who she and are both pretty competitive. We have a very friendly rivalry going on as we are similar paces and run a lot of the same races. Maybe, just maybe I suggested that she join Athlinks for the sole reason of setting her up as a rival to compare our records for races. And maybe, just maybe it's so I can brag about that time I beat her by 10 seconds. I mean, if I was the type of person who would do that sort of thing. 

 
Turns out I am that kind of person... 

And while being able to easily stalk results is my favorite feature of Athlinks, it is by just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to cool things the site offers. 


Maybe you the kind of racer who likes to keep track of their PRs? Athlinks tracks your Personal Records for each distance for you. 

Stay tuned... Many of these numbers will be changing this year!


Maybe you're are a more social racer who likes to know who will be at your upcoming races or where your friends will be racing. You can join and view the Start Lists for all of your upcoming races. Athlinks will even suggest people who you may know to follow based on your location and race history. 

The Start List for my next race - Hot Chocolate Atlanta. Planning to be there? Add yourself.


You can access Althinks both online on your computer or via app available both on iOS or Android. All of the features mentioned here are available on both formats. Not only does Athlinks track and post results for running, but also a variety of other endurance sports such as, triathlon, swimming, cycling, mountain biking and more. Like I said, truly something for ever type of racer.


So what kind of racer are you? What feature of Athlinks do you find most intriguing?


And make sure to follow me here - https://www.athlinks.com/athletes/273600089


No comments:

Post a Comment