Friday, July 20, 2018

On the Go with NuGo

“Disclaimer: I received  a variety box of NuGo Egg White Protein Bars as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!”


One thing that I've always struggled with is what to eat before and after a run or a workout. There is a lot to consider in the equation. Will it sit well on my stomach? Will it provide enough energy for me to not bonk out during my workout? Is it easy to grab and eat cause I am hella lazy and will not be meal prepping most likely? 

I was recently afforded the opportunity to try out a new solution to all of the above, NugGo Egg White Protein Bars


According to their website, they are made with the highest quality fruits and nuts and non-GMO egg white protein. They are also whole food paleo and certified gluten free. Depending on which bar, they have 12-14 grams of protein per bar. All the ingredients are simple and clean, which I appreciate because I've had issues with chemically protein bars upsetting my stomach. 

So they are really great for you, but how do they taste? Pretty darn good, especially the Blueberry and the Maple Pecan (though the Dark Chocolate and Peanut Butter are super yummy too). And they for sure met all of my above mentioned criteria. Tasty, easy on my stomach, convenient and kept me full of energy. 

I tried out my NuGo Egg White bars during a variety of situations. The first one I just had for a snack, just in case it didn't sit well, but it was just fine. Next I had one before a run. No problems! I had several straight after Burn Boot Camp classes as our trainers are all the time telling us to get in at least 20 g of protein within 45 min of our workout and these were a great, convenient way to make a dent in that immediately after since I could just have it in my car waiting for me after class. Several were used as mid-morning coffee breaks while at work to keep me energized through slow mornings. 

Shhh.. don't tell the campers...
I even smuggled one in to Girl Scout Day Camp as a refresher during a long day of boating, crafts, hiking and archery. And yes, I hid from the girls while I ate it so I wouldn't have to share. 

And finally, I saved my last bar to fuel up pre-race the morning of the Common Heart Firecracker Run 10K. Let's just say that, while I cannot 100% give credit solely to NuGo, I did place 1st in my division for the race, so there's that. 

Overall, I really liked the NuGo Egg White Protein bars and plan to stock up on some more. On their website, there is a convienent search for local places that carry NuGo products here - https://www.nugonutrition.com/where-to-buy/ and I was excited to see several places in my area. 

Or, you can also order directly online and have them shipped directly to you. And, until Aug. 3rd, you can save 15% off your online order with discount code BIBRAVE 

Learn more by following NuGo Nutrition on social media : Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram


2 comments: