Monday, July 9, 2018

2018 Half Year Check In

So, keeping in step with my check-ins being a few days late (again, I know who I am), here we are with a quick recap and review of the first half of 2018. 

First of all here are my 2018 goals along with the current status (Goals are listed in orange). 

  • Run 1009 miles - me and a friend are splitting 2018 miles
    Shoe pic w me, my partner, another friend & pacer
    • I'm a bit ahead on this goal as I've banked a few miles here an there each month just in case something comes up. Luckily this year I have yet to run into any extended breaks (please don't have just jinxed this!!) so as of the last day of June, I was at 555 miles of the 504 I needed to be on track for 1009 for the year. My partner is training for an Ultra, so she's well ahead of schedule.
  • Run 18 races
    • I'm well and good on the 18 race goal. As of June 30th, I had run 10 races with an 11th run on July 4th. Currently, I am not signed up for another race officially until Nov. 3rd - Rock N Roll Savannah Half Marathon, but I know for sure a few I am doing, just not registered for yet. (You can join me at Savannah and save $15 on the Half or Full with discount code- RNRBRP2018.
  • Place in 4 races
    • This goal is already met and then some! I've had FIVE placings as of current! 3rd at New Years Gnome Run 5K, 2nd at Kings Mountain Half Marathon, 1st at Come See Me 5K, 2nd at Moonlight Bootlegger and 1st at Common Heart Firecracker 10K!!!

  • 1200 Twitter followers
    • I should hit this fairly soon actually. Current follower count is 1,173
  • 1000 Instagram followers
    • Going a bit slower than the Twitter, but still attainable. Currently at 725. I need to post more the IG for sure 
  • Run 4 Half Marathons (Tobacco Rd., Kings Mtn, Run & Ride, Rock n Roll Savannah) with a new PR in at least 1
    • 2 down, with 2 more registered for with a new PR at Tobacco Road. A slight change on this goal as the Run and Ride race is not being held this year, so my 4th Half will be the Huntersville Half on Dec. 9th, a new race for me. The Rock N Roll Savannah is also a new race for me and I am really excited for it! 
  • Do an Obstacle Race (Warrior Dash) 
    • Done and done! This was a total blast. So much fun! I can't wait to run it again Although one of my friends is trying to convince us to upgrade to the Spartan. We'll see...
  • Renew as BibRave Pro
    • This doesn't happen until late Fall, so no update on this goal, but I *think* I am doing a decent job as a Pro. I've met all my requirement and try to post quality content. And I have been LOVING some of the awesome things I've gotten to test! For example, I am currently breaking in my 2nd pair of Under Armor HOVR Sonic shoes and let me tell you, I love them! Super light, super fast, they are my go to racing shoe. Disclaimer: I received a pair of the Under Armour HOVR Sonic Shoes to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews! 
  • Blog more - 4 per month at least 
    • Some month's have been better than others (I'm looking at you, May) but I can say that I have overall done a much better job of blogging than in 2017.
  • Keep a consistent training plan/journal (Using the Believe Training Journal) 
    • Ummmm... pass. Yeah, I suck. Said amazing training journal has sat in my desk drawer, cold and unloved. I just picked up a pocket calendar to see if I have more luck with that. If you have a system that you love, let me know, cause I guess I'm still searching for that one thing that I will stick to. 
So there we are. Not a perfect 2018 by any means, but I am super pleased with it so far. And I ready to take on the next half just as hard! 



How about you? Tell me how your 2018 is going so far. Feel free to follow me on Twitter or Instagram if you haven't already to help me meet those 2018 number too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment