Over the past year I so, I have noticed a huge increase in the number of people who wear silicone rings during athletic endeavors. Personally, I've never worn rings while running, mainly because 1) metal rings are uncomfortable while running and 2) TBH my engagement ring and wedding ring are actually a bit too large for me and I'm afraid they'd slide off once I got sweaty.
I was given the opportunity to try out a Karma Duo Silicone Ring recently and I was excited to see how I liked them for myself. I picked out the Karma Duo in Pearl White which came with a white base and 3 pretty pastel colored cores - Blush Pink, Champagne Mauve, and Lavender. They are hypo-allergenic, non-porous and non-conductive. Plus they are super strong and super cute!
When I first received them, I had lots of fun trying out the different color combinations and trying to figure out my favorite. Ultimately, I could not decide so I took to social media, asking both Twitter and Instagram to vote on their favorites. When all the votes were tallied, Twitter preferred option 3, the Lavender, while Instagram gave the win to option 2, the Champagne Mauve.
And while most people wear silicone rings as such, Karma Rings are way more than just alternative wedding rings. How to wear your Karma Ring Duo is totally up to you personally what it means to you. In fact, Karma encourages their rings to be used for more goal setting than and personal symbolism. I thought it was pretty neat what Karma had to say on their website about the different symbolism for different ways of wearing your ring. Here's what they had to say:
Left and Right Hand Symbolism
- Left Hand - The right hemisphere of the brain is associated with creativity and controls the left hand. Therefore, rings worn on the left hand symbolize a focus on mindset, creativity, and personal philosophy.
- Right Hand - The left hemisphere of the brain is associated with logic and controls the right hand. Therefore, rings worn on the right hand typically symbolize logical awareness and a desire to control one’s behavior and rationale.
Individual Finger Symbolism
- Thumb (Will Power) – The thumb is independent, while working in tandem with our other fingers to accomplish various tasks. The thumb represents logic and will power, a symbol of controlling ones thoughts and actions.
- Index Finger (Authority and Ambition) – Also known as the “Power Finger”, the index finger represents Authority, Power, Leadership, and Ambition. Historically, Kings, Priests, and healers wore rings on the index finger because it was believed to be especially powerful.
- Middle Finger (Identity and Materialism) – The middle finger, being the tallest, is associated with ones purpose in life. As the center of the hand, it symbolizes personal identity and things most important to us.
- Ring Finger (Emotion, Creativity, and Heart) – The ring finger connects to the artery that runs directly to our heart. It symbolizes feelings of affection and love. It is also characteristic of one’s creativity and artistic self.
Visit their site here for more information: https://karmarings.com/pages/style-guide
- Little Finger (Relationships) – The little finger or “pinky” is associated with confidence in both personal and business relationships. It is related to our attitudes towards other people, intimacy, and personal attitudes toward oneself. The little finger faces the world, and watches our back as our friends do.
So according to this, me wearing my Karma Duo on my Right Hand, Ring Finger symbolizes a logical awareness of trying to control my emotion and heart. Totally makes sense to me from an athletic standpoint in that pushing through tough workouts is a mind over body kind of struggle, the knowledge that I know I can keep going and keep pushing, to not give in to the voices that say it's hard and to just give up.
And since I am looking at things through the lens of symbolism, I decided to research the symbolism of the different colors I had in my Duo - Ivory, Lavender and Pink. Here's what I found:
Pretty neat, eh? I am definitely going to explore this more when planning out my Duo choices and goals I focus on during my runs and workouts.
Overall, I've been very pleased with a product that I've never thought was for me before and tend to find myself wearing it when I am not doing athletic activities even. In fact, the other my day while I was getting ready for work, my daughter brought my ring over (with the pink core, her favorite) and said to me, "Here, Mommy. To help you focus today." It was super sweet, and it did help me focus that day, specifically on how lucky I am to have such a sweet, thoughtful girl.
Want to get a set for yourself? Order online here: https://karmarings.com/ and use discount code BIBRAVE33 to receive 33% off your order.
Follow them on Socials here: