Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Luvo Meals - Quick, Convenient and Healthy

Disclaimer: I received Luvo Healthy Meals to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!

Disclaimer 2: I am eating a Luvo Meal (specifically Chicken Enchiladas) while I am writing this blog post



The meals I tested - YUM!
If you've not gathered from my previous blog posts, I am a pretty busy girl. I have a full time job, a husband who works a full time plus job (he works at a university and often works weekends and nights) a 7 year old with a variety of after school activities, plus I sometimes try my hand at this running thing (sometimes for hours at a time even). So trust me when I tell you, I am a connoisseur of frozen meals for lunch. Cause by the time I've gotten through everything that needs to be done at the end of the day, the last thing I want to do is make myself a lunch. Stocking the freezer with quick foods to microwave for lunch at work is how I do and I've tried them all at some point. 


Luvo is by far at the top of the list for me in terms of both taste and healthiness. I first discovered them in my brother's freezer earlier this year and was pleased to see that they consist of real ingredients unlike a lot of the other "healthy" frozen meal options out there. So when I was offered the opportunity to test these out on a wider scale, I jumped at the chance. 


Luvo recently launched an online ordering system where you can order your meals right on their website and have them shipped directly to your home. I cannot tell you how great this is for me for a number of reasons:


  • First, again, super busy. If I can shorten or skip a trip to the grocery store, I'm a happy girl. 
Me ordering from Disney - CONVENIENT!
  • Second, not having to drag my 7 year old into a store is so awesome. Don't get me wrong, she's a great girl, but I swear even on perfect behavior days, any trip to any store seems to take 4x as long with her tagging along due to the millions of questions and wanting to see/touch everything and of course - oooh, are there toys at this store? 
  • Third, this testing opportunity arose while I was on vacation to Disney World. I am not ashamed (okay maybe a little ashamed) to admit that I did not have the best eating habits while visiting with The Mouse. I mean Dole Whip, right? Anyway, being able to order online and have meals shipped directly to my house was a godsend. I ordered on my phone while waiting for my daughter and hubby to finish up a ride so they would arrive the week I came home, ensuring I could quickly and easily get back on the wagon so to speak. 

A few days after arriving home, I got notice that there was a package waiting for me on my doorstep. I came home from work to a big ole freezer box full of Luvo Meals. I had ordered a pretty wide variety of meals to try, but mostly ordered Bowls as those have the added convenience of cooking and eating in the same container. No dishes to wash for the win! 



First we run the miles, then we eat the food!
There are all kinds of options for any diet, vegan, gluten-free, vegetarian, dairy free and so on, all clearly marked and all with no artificial flavors, colors, or sweeteners.The packaging tells you exactly what is in them with the focus on Protein, Whole Grains, and Vegetables  - just like my Burn Boot Camp trainer tells me to make sure I am eating.



So, now for the most important thing, how do they taste. Pretty darn good in fact! So far everything I have tried has been super flavorful. The meats actually taste like they are supposed to (unlike other "healthy" frozen options out there). The meals are packed with spices and taste like real food (because it is real food). My favorite that I have tried so far has been Chicken and Corn Chowder. I could eat that every single day. I also really liked the Chicken in BBQ Sauce (which also had grits and collards). They were perfect lunch meals, especially for days when I was doing a lunch-time run (#runch) and needed some quick recovery food that I could easily eat at my desk.
Love they sent me a message
to let me know they arrived!

Another thing I really liked about Luvo - they were super responsive and always let you know what was up with your order. I got several email updates and even got an email sent to me when my package arrived, which was awesome, because some days I don't go straight home, or some days I don't make it to the mail box right away (my house, parking is on the backside on a alley, so I don't come in and out of my front door) and no one wants to leave food, even if nicely packed in a cooler with dry ice, on the front porch for too long. I knew where my food was pretty much the entire process, and to a girl who kinda obsesses over that kind of thing, it was a great extra. 


I still have a few more meals left to try from my big order, but I know I will be restocking when I run out. You can find Luvo Meals in the freezer section of most major grocery and food stores or, you can be like me and order online at https://shop.luvoinc.com . To sweeten the deal, for a limited time you can use the discount code "BIBCHAT" for 10% off your purchase. They also have other deals that pop up all the time so be sure to sign up for their email Newsletter to get these deals sent straight to your inbox.

Be sure to join me for #BibChat on Twitter with BibRave and co-sponsor Luvo on Tuesday, Dec. 19 at 9 pm ET for your chance to learn more and maybe win some Luvo Meals of your own!



1 comment: