Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Warm Hands at the Flip of a Turtle

 Disclaimer: I received a pair of Turtle Gloves Weather Protect Heavyweight Warm Mittens to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review, find, and write race reviews!


Look, I'm just going to come right out and say it - This time of the year really sucks for the outdoor runner part of me. I am a girl who loves her weather warm, sunny and well above the temperature most runners prefer. I just hate, hate HATE being cold!!! (No really, I've said it before: https://runnerdgirl.blogspot.com/2017/12/the-winter-running-blahs.html)

But Lissa, don't you live in SC? Isn't it like 40-50 degrees most mornings in the winter? Usually, but not this year for some reason. We are riding into week like 3 or it being below freaking freezing in the morning!! Seriously, it was 24 degrees this morning!! And this is a girl whose preferred running temperature is above 80 degrees. Saying I am have not been thrilled is an understatement!

So what's a cold-natured girl to do? Why layer up of course.

But... I will even be the first to admit that sometimes, just sometimes, I tend to get carried away in the layering. Because of this, I love me some items that can transition as needed, like my Turtle Gloves Flip Mittens 🐢.

I've had both pairs of Lightweight and Midweight Turtle Gloves for awhile now and they are amazing. Just recently, Turtle Gloves developed a new, Weather Protect Heavyweight Flip Mitten made wi
th Polartec® WindBloc® Fabric that is 100% windproof, water repellent, moisture wicking, breathable and fast drying. They are perfect for outdoor sports in cold and below freezing conditions. 




So how do they work? I'll let Turtle Gloves tell you themselves:

WEATHER PROTECT HEAVYWEIGHT Mittens are perfect for very cold hands, extreme cold Winter running, outdoor sports and activities such as dog walking, X-C skiing, ice-fishing or just shoveling snow. Easy access to fingers when needed. For HEAVY FABRICS, slide mitten slightly off fingers and lightly curl fingers inside mitten before flipping elastic trim edge over all fingers and thumb, push and pull mitten as needed to expose fingers. Similar method to flip back into the mitten. - from: https://turtlegloves.com/product/convertible-mittens-warm/

Basically, they go from being full mittens, to fingerless gloves with a quick flip. So when I start out my run and am cold AF, I can have them in full mitten mode. Then a few miles in when (if) I warm up, I can flip them easily into fingerless mode without even breaking stride. And, when I start to get chilly, I can can flip them back just as easily. And I do, near constantly. Flip/Filp/Flip - easy peasy. Perfect for a girl like me who's temperature sensitive.



My favorite things about them are that they are easily convertible, and they come in smaller sizes, including XS, for people like me with small hands than most "sport" gloves I've worn in the past. It also doesn't hurt that they are cute! Mine are Heavy Gray/Silver. I just love the cute silver stitching on them. Functional and sparkly! What is not to love?

Interested in trying them out for yourself? You can order online at the Turtle Gloves website: https://turtlegloves.com/ They also have lightweight, midweight and fleece convertible mittens as well. 

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to try them. I'm with you cold running sucks

    ReplyDelete