Friday, October 7, 2022

The GAP Relay is IMMINENT!!!

 I received team entry to the GAP Relay as a part of being a BibRave Pro. Check out BibRave.com to read and write race reviews.



Y'all, it is almost time! In exactly 1 week from today (today being Friday, October 7th) I will be embarking on the GAP Relay with my intrepid team of 5. Our team captain, fellow BibRave Pro Randy, has assigned legs out and so now I know what will be expected of me. I am responsible for covering 5 legs of 31.75 miles total! Yikes!

Randy did an amazing job of breaking it all down for us here:


The GAP Relay website has an amazing maps of the legs complete with details, elevations  and directions to help you prepare both physically and mentally. They can be found here: 2022 GAP Relay Leg Maps. These "cheat sheets" we be study material for me over the next week. Here are my legs:







So yeah, now all I have left to do is pack! The weather is looking pretty decent with it getting fairly chilly overnight (luckily I only have 1 overnight run) so layers will be a must. Oh yeah, and snacks... lots of snacks will be necessary! Mostly, I am super excited to embark on this exciting adventure with my team. It is gonna be awesome. 

Be sure to check out my Instagram starting next Friday where I will be posting near constant updates and photos of the BibRavers GAP Relay run. If you don't follow my Insta yet, the link is here: https://www.instagram.com/runnerdgirl/

And for more information about the GAP Relay and how it works, check out the P3R website here: https://p3r.org/races/gap-relay 



No comments:

Post a Comment