Thursday, August 16, 2018

Mornings Made Simpler with Detach

Disclaimer: I received Detach Premium Hydration to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews! 

I am unique in that I am a pretty lazy active person. Or maybe not, maybe others are just better at hiding it than me, but yeah, despite the running and cross training I manage to pull off each week, it's usually despite a massive inclination to lay around doing an amazing sloth impression. 

Most my workouts are pre-Sunrise
The recommendation is to eat a pre-workout meal 2-3 hours before a workout. 2-3 hours!! Yeah right. You know what I am doing 2-3 hours before most of my workouts? Sleeping.. For example, here's a typical morning for me: 

This morning I went to Burn Boot Camp for the 5:30 am camp. Do you know when I set my alarm to go off? 4:40 am - a mere 50 min before my workout was to start. Not terrible you say, well, now take in account the fact that I hit my snooze alarm twice. Now we are at 4:58 - 32 min pre-workout. So now I have to check my email real quick (my office has Hong Kong and China locations and I like to take a glance at what I can expect to be asked of me from my Asian counterparts when I arrive into work.) So, by the time I do all that (plus check out any Facebook, Twitter or Instagram messages), yeah, I'm actually standing up for the first time at 5:10 am, 20 min pre-workout. And I have to leave the house by 5:20 to get there in time. So yeah, I've given myself 10 whole minutes to get dressed, brush my teeth, grab something to drink/eat and exit the house. 

Should I do better? Heck yeah. 
Will I do better? Doubtful - I know who I am.

Anyway, where I am going with this is I need for my hydration and nutrition options pre-workout something quick that I can grab and go and will kick in pretty much immediately.

This is where Detach Premium Hydration has become a bit of a lifesaver for me. I can grab a bottle of this straight from the fridge, drink it on the way out the door and feel pretty much immediately energized. Detach is made with all plant based nutrition, including superfood ingredients, organic coconut nectar and organic wildflower honey and no artificial sweeteners. It also contains purified sea salt which gives me that bit of extra sodium I need for a hard workout. Plus, it tastes really good too!

If I am feeling super ambitions (the night before of course) I will make up a Smoothie to grab in the morning using Detach as the base. My two favorite Detach Smoothie recipies are as follows:


Detach Pina Colada
1 Bottle of Detach
1 cup of frozen pineapples
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder

Berry Berry Coconut Smoothie
1 Bottle of Detach
1 cup of frozen mixed berries
1 banana 1
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder

Both super easy peesy. Both yummy and get me energized quickly. Both I can grab and drink as I am running out the door. 

Want to try out some Detach Premium Hydration for yourself? Right now, they are offering a super amazing deal where you can get a free case of 12. Like seriously, FREE! All you do is pay the shipping cost. Here's the direct link to place the 12-pack straight into your online cart for checkout:
bibrave.drink-detach.com Or, you can visit their site at www.drink-detach.com and use discount code BIBRAVE at the Checkout. 

Also be sure to check out Detach on their socials - 

What about you? Are you a morning person? What do you do to make your mornings go smoothly? Or, do you have any yummy smoothie recipes to share? Let me know in the comments below!


1 comment:

  1. Those smoothies sound good! I am most definitely not a morning person. When I first read you had 50 minutes to get ready, I was like, that's a ton of time. Lol! Then I kept reading. But I don't leave much time before getting out the door.

    ReplyDelete