Monday, November 27, 2017

We Interrupt This Regularly Scheduled Fitness Routine for a Disney Break!

So I didn't post a Friday update for last week for a simple reason, I didn't do anything for a week!!
 

Why? I was in Disney World! 

In my defense, I had fully intended to run a day or two on my trip, but I managed to catch a cold also while I was there and between the massive amount of walking steps at the park daily, carrying around a 50 pound adventure pack, and the head cold, I thought that doing extra running might actually kill me. I did the math from my Apple Health App and I averaged 8.3 miles per day of walking steps, so I am thinking that has got to count for something. Plus the trip was hella fun! 

See we managed to actually surprise my 7 yr old daughter with the trip. We picked her up from school on Friday and drove straight to Kissimmee, FL for a quick off-site hotel stay to wake up Sat morning to go straight to the Magic Kingdom. I figured no way we'd pull it off, but the husband thought it would work, and low and behold, it did! It was tricky, but we managed to keep it a secret until Sat morning when she woke up and told her. We then spent the next 5 days in Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, EPCOT, Animal Kingdom and then back to Magic Kingdom for a final day. 

We drove home on Thursday, and since I was feeling better on Friday and a little guilty for not doing any real exercise for a week, I got up bright and early on Friday morning and met a friend (Barking Mad About Running) for a 12 mile run. She is training for a marathon (a Disney one at that) and does 2:1 intervals, so it was slow and steady around Freedom Park in Charlotte. So yeah, that's how I roll, no running for a full week and then try to cram it all in a single day. It felt good to get back out there again when it would have been really easy to simple stay in bed, so I am glad that I did it. 

It was a great week, but time to get back in the saddle and get back in to my routines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment