Thursday, October 5, 2017

For the Love of Chocolate






Disclaimer: I received free entry to the Hot Chocolate 15K race as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!"

Ever since I have heard about the Hot Chocolate race series, I have always wanted to attend. The race jackets were awesome and who doesn't love being  handed a heaping bowl of chocolate at the finish line. Plus, I love me the 15K distance - it's super challenging but is over before things get really rough (mile 11 seems to be my nemesis). But unfortunately, despite being a large city, Charlotte, NC was never on the tour schedule. Atlanta was always close enough to race, but the weekend that the Atlanta race fell on was the same weekend as my daughter's birthday, which meant the only chocolate I was getting was birthday cake.
Soon you will be all mine!

Imagine my excitement when this year, the Hot Chocolate 15K/5K announced a Charlotte race! I signed up for the 15K IMMEDIATELY. I'm not even kidding. I got the announcement and clicked register. All that yummy chocolate and awesome chocolate bar race medal and cute jacket will be all mine this year! (Well, technically next year, the race is February 10th).

But wait, there's more...

Also this year, the Atlanta race changed dates and is no longer in mid-January, instead it is the first weekend of February. Not only that, I had just gotten accepted as a BibRave Pro which afforded me the opportunity to get a free entry. I had a tough decision - Do I dare run two Hot Chocolate 15K races back to back? Can I handle that much chocolate?

Ummm.. YEAH! 

So I've gone from being sad and not being able to do a Hot Chocolate 15K to doing two!! Not only that, I am road tripping to the Atlanta race with one of my running besties so it's going to be an adventure! I can't wait!

What about you? You want in on some yummy chocolate? I can sweeten the deal for you even. Use the code "BRHCATL18" for a bonus Hot Chocolate Cap when you check out.

To register:
Atlanta - https://www.hotchocolate15k.com/atlanta

No comments:

Post a Comment